Answer by Raakhee V. Menon:
Thank you for the A2A.
Hmm…interesting question. Me as a roommate…I’ll have to rewind a few years backward to look at what I was like as a roommate 😀 I have no intention of being anyone’s roommate for any time anywhere in the near future as I’d be the happiest living alone. But if I were indeed to be somebody’s roommate by some weird twist of fate, then here are the perks of having me as your roommate…
- I am very non-interfering. Even if you walk into the room wearing a space suit and batroom slippers, I’m not going to ask you what’s up. I might just tell you about somebody who came asking for you and go back to my work. But if you want somebody to talk to, I can be agony aunt and best friend rolled into one.
- Privacy will be respected no matter what. I have a very stringent policy in place about never peering into another person’s phone, wallet, email, anything. Even if the phone is ringing, I will never look at who is calling unless it is my phone. If there’s a letter left open on the table, I will never read it. Diaries may be left strewn about the room – opened or unopened – and you can be sure that I will never read it. I expect the same respect back though.
- I cannot stand a smelly environment. This means that the room is always going to smell good. There will be no smelly clothes or shoes lying about. There’s going to be plenty of incense sticks, perfumed oils, scented candles, etc. If you don’t like them, we’ll work out some other alternative. But the room HAS to smell good at all times. Period.
- I won’t have too many friends coming over. I am a very private person and do not believe in disturbing the privacy of another individual for my sake. If I want to meet friends, I’ll do it outside. I’ll never invite them home.
- All expenses will be 50–50. No compromise there. I don’t dig freebies, especially when it comes to accomodation.
- On a dull day, I can engage in non-stop banter and make you snap out of a bad mood. I have been blessed with the gift of gab and I was once told by a friend that if somebody puts me and a chair in a room, I’ll talk to the chair for three hours 😛 I can go equally quiet too. I could go for days without talking to you. I could even pretend that you don’t exist. Yes. 😀
- My bed will be one of the most luxuriously soft ones you have ever seen. I’m very particular about where I sleep. The bed has to be absolutely comfortable. I leave no stone unturned to see to it that it is so. Back at college, I was probably the only ones who had a double mattress and three pillows on my bunk bed 😀
- I keep my stuff tidy. You won’t see my clothes strewn about or my jewellery all over the place. But I must say that I don’t care two hoots if your stuff is all over the place. They will remain where they are.
- I don’t snore. ‘Nuff said there. 😀
- I can sing, and tell stories too. When the current goes out and you have no charge left in your phone either, you can be assured of some form of entertainment. Either an unplugged version of a popular song or a story that you have never heard before.
- I don’t like to disturb sleeping people. I can tip toe around the room like a hobbit…making no sound whatsoever.
- I’m basically a very happy person – always smiling and sending out positive vibes. I’m secretly a superhero(ine), you know…I’m a Care Bear 😛 And if you’re feeling low, I’ll give you one of my Care Bear Stares 😀